Studio-monitor Sound at a Multimedia Speaker Price!
Onboard acoustic tuning controls let you contour your sound for your space
Putting your speaker to close to walls can cause problems. What happens is the extreme low frequencies cause your walls to vibrate and act like big speaker cones, filling the air with false harmonics and ruining your ability to mix with accuracy. But sometimesyou will have no choice but to do so beacuse of the shape and size of your room leave . That’s where the Eris E3.5’s acoustic adjustments controls come in handy. By cutting your Eris E3.5’s bass by up to 6dB, you can compensate for this phenomenon, without sacrificing your sound.
Eris E3.5’s 50 watts of Class AB amplification provide plenty of gain and headroom
Yeilding a solid 50 watts of Class AB amplification gives the PreSonus Eris E3.5 a major plus over studio monitors thathave just enough power to get the job done. It may sound kind of technical, but the way this feature benefits you is pretty straightforward. With the Eris E3.5’s gain set to unity (the U in the middle of the dial), you can comfortably monitor your mix at an appropriate level, but still have plenty of extra volume to spare so that run-away transients (momentary loud peaks) sound louder, instead of just distorting at the same relative volume. It’s hard to express just how readily this easily overlooked feature of the Eris E3.5 can save your mix.
Flexible configuration options let you set up your speakers to best meet your needs
If you need to polish your sound to achieve a flat frequency response, you’ll find fully variable high- and low-frequency controls on the back that let you boost or cut up to 6dB in their respective ranges. What’s more, PreSonus kitted out their Eris E3.5 studio monitors with unbalanced RCA as well as balanced TRS inputs, so you can connect them directly to just about any sound source in your studio. You also get an aux input for connecting your smartphone or media player and a headphone output for private listening.
PreSonus Eris E3.5 Features at a Glance
- An outstanding way to upgrade your monitoring so that your mixes translate
- 3.5″ Kevlar woofers deliver solid low-end sound with minimal bass distortion
- 1″ ultra-low-mass silk-dome tweeters eliminate harshness and provide balanced high-frequency sound
- 50-watt Class AB amplification (25 Watts per speaker) provides plenty of volume and headroom for nearfield monitoring
- RCA and balanced 1/4″ inputs provide all the connections you may need
- Aux input for connecting your smartphone or media player
- Headphone output for private listening
- Acoustic tuning controls let you contour your sound to best meet your mixing environment