ASTON MICROPHONES SPIRIT
ASTON MICROPHONES SPIRIT
High-performance, High-value Condenser
The Aston Microphones Spirit is a unique-looking, high-performance large-diaphragm condenser mic with three selectable polar patterns and a 1" gold-evaporated capsule. Cardioid, omni, and figure-8 patterns, plus a 10/20dB pad and 80Hz highpass filter make this mic an all-around studio and stage workhorse. The Spirit delivers a lovely, open sound with shimmering harmonics. Sound Select engineers have found the Spirit to be accurate and versatile, excelling in most applications, especially on vocals and acoustic guitars. The build quality is outstanding: Aston has hand-selected the capsule and paired it with a high-end transformer and balanced circuitry employing top-drawer components. The Spirit delivers a true and transparent-sounding rendition of the source, capturing treble detail without a trace of harshness. If you're after quality on a budget, Aston Microphones' Spirit is highly recommended.
Aston Microphones Spirit at a Glance:
- Wave-form mesh head with built-in pop filter
- Unique chassis and end cap design
Wave-form mesh head with built-in pop filter
The Spirit features Aston's signature wave-form mesh head which not only looks cool, but provides rugged protection for the mic's internals. If subjected to a forceful ding, the shock-resistant wave-form grille allows the head of the mic to distort, then return to its normal position without damage. It also offers a measure of off-axis rejection, helping to diminish unwanted ambient sound. Built into the wave-form head is a mesh-knit pop filter that eliminates plosives in vocal performances. This single-piece mesh cage is made of stainless steel, so it's rustproof; you can even remove and wash it!
Unique chassis and end cap design
Did we mention how striking this mic looks? To achieve its hard-wearing, eye-catching finish, your Spirit's chassis has been tumbled individually for up to four hours, with the engraving applied afterward. A custom-molded end cap with integrated XLR and built-in, interchangeable mic stand thread adapter is another unique aspect of the design. In light of the mic's superior onboard shock absorption, you can mount it directly to a mic stand - which also makes it easy to repair and maintain.
Aston Microphones Spirit Features:
- Large-diaphragm pressure-gradient condenser microphone with variable polar patterns
- Polar pattens switchable between Cardioid, Omni, and Figure-8
- 1" gold-evaporated capsule; protective wave-form mesh head with built-in pop filter
- Innovative blend of discrete and integrated circuitry
- Optimized circuit stage scheme from phantom power input circuit to capsule voltage bias
- Unique nonlinear voltage/current source rectification
- Shock-resistant, wave-form mesh head with built-in pop filter
- Unique, individually tumbled chassis finish
- Custom-molded end cap with integrated XLR and interchangeable mic stand thread adapter
- Onboard 10/20dB pad and 80Hz highpass filter
- 48-volt phantom power required for operation
Fortify your mic locker with Aston Microphones' Spirit!